Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Reiki versus skeptics from James Randi foundation

Recently I've applied for the challenge on this site of James Randi foundation http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge/challenge-faq.html Though it has been told on the internet that it is hard to apply and foundation representatives treated applicants badly http://www.mind-energy.net/archives/163-About-the-James-Randi-Million-dollar-challenge.html I decided to try anyway. And the first step proved that concerned applicants had been right. When I sent my application along with the video of the experiments, which are showing the effect of Reiki on plants growing, this application never reach the foundation. I used the address provided on the web page but apparently it didn't work. Communication director from this site answered my e-mail but couldn't explain what was wrong. I had to sent the second application and this time I choose the UPS with signature and by this way I discovered that address was wrong. After that they admitted that adders is wrong and provided me the right one. I just wondering how during a few weeks when I asked them almost every day about the reason why the application had not been received nobody see that the address is wrong? Moreover on my e-mail had been answered only communication director but not Challenge Administrator who had to receive this application. The second application had been received after I had to change address by phone on the package which had been inside the UPS system. Now, as I had been told by communication director I had to wait news from Challenge Administrator . I think that it could be the end of the challenge because I do not hope to get news from him. The more I read about this foundation the more I see that they accept the challenge only from people who are the fraud or are the easy target to insulting and easy being frustrated from long waiting of answers. But I 'll try to get them to the some practical steps in the challenge. I do not get easily insulted by language because English is my second language and I do not feel nuances, and even foul language ( about which had been told on the web:"his correspondence with the foundation was edited to remove foul language of the foundation’s representative" So it's getting interesting how the things will go. I will keep you posted.
update; 04/04/13 Now it's been more than a year and they still didn't read the documents I've sent them - or what they saying they didn't read it. But I think that they are afraid to take this challenge because they see that they can lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels