Saturday, December 31, 2011

Low Dose Radon as Alternative Therapy for Chronic Illness

Radon Treatment as Alternative Health Care Radon "spas" are an accepted part of health care in some parts of the world. Gasteiner Heilstollen in Austria, Fuerstenzeche "Duke's Mine" in Germany, the Radium Palace in the Czech Republic, and the radon spa at Misasa, Japan are only a few of the many facilities worldwide where ill people can breath radon or soak in radioactive water for arthritis and other ailments. In the United States, most physicians believe that only conventional science-based care should be made available, and they do not consider radon inhalation to be based on science...... The personal physicians of most of the mine visitors either do not know about their patients' radon therapy, or do not approve of it. One woman described how her husband had suffered from painful osteoarthritis for years and needed knee replacement surgery. His knees were so much improved after a secret visit to the radon mines that he had mystified his doctor: And we were amazed...when he went to have surgery, the doctor couldn't figure out why [my husband] didn't have any pain. But we didn't tell [the doctor]... we didn't want to make him mad before he started cutting! [she laughs]. So we didn't tell him what we did. But [the doctor] always said that, several times, "You don't have any pain?" He couldn't figure that out. I guess now if we went back we would tell him what we did. One mine visitor had recommended the mines to his uncle, after having a positive experience with his own arthritis. The uncle also suffered from arthritis, was in a wheelchair, and was taking a lot of medication before trying radon treatment: When he came home from Montana, he didn't tell his doctor what he did... he just thought, leave well enough alone. So he went to the doctor, and the doctor said, "Well this treatment I've had you on is finally working, you've got half the arthritis you had before." And my uncle still didn't tell him that it was the radon that had helped him, but everytime he saw me he thanked me for telling him about it. Compared to conventional medical treatment, it is relatively inexpensive to use the mines. The major cost is often the trip itself, in that many people come from hundreds or even a thousand or more miles away. The trip can also be costly in the physical sense: some clients describe having to lay down in the back of a truck for a 1500 mile trip because they are too ill to sit up; or how painful sitting in a bus for two days was for their arthritic joints. However, clients not only hope to save money on medical bills by using radon; they also hope to reduce the amount of medication they take, and thus they seem to be willing to make the trip to Montana, however long and arduous it may be. Dozens of former and continuing clients have provided enthusiuastic testimonials about their improved state of health. For example, one woman told me the following story of her experience: I had bursitis in my shoulder at the time...so I went [into the mine] and it was the craziest thing, about the third day, my whole arm hurt. And it was just like as if every day the pain got lower and lower and lower, and it was just like it went out my fingertips. It was really weird. And it didn't bother me anymore, I could comb my hair, I could use my a arm before that I had a hard time combing my hair, I had to bend over to comb my hair. http://www.angelfire.com/mo/radioadaptive/barbara.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels