Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Part of my book How I survived few major crises and am planning to survive this one or the help from within Part 1

How I survived few major crises and am planning to survive this one or the help from within Part 1 I was born at 1958 and raised in the downtown of Moscow- the capital of the former My parents were relatively old mother 36 years old and father 50 years old and they had a lot contacts with radiation materials. So my health was not very good from the beginning. Nothing obvious but I were not strong as most of the children are, could not run and play all day long and prefer to read, draw the pictures and create the stories mostly in my mind. When I grew older and went to school I became the first student in all subjects except physical education. But I were very persistent and tried to increase my physical ability- I took swimming lessons, skating lessons, spent a lot of time on the bicycle and gain the popularity among other children by climbing high trees in the village near Moscow there we spent every summer. I think that these constant efforts to overcome my weaknesses helped me in the future tests which had been prepared for me by faiths or karma or circumstances. I had been raised in the very loveable environment and thought that the whole world is based on love. So when I fell in love at 18th I decided that I would like to spend all my life with this man, I married him and got birth to a beautiful daughter. I were still in the University but my parents helped me and my family and life looked nice, but not for long. My mother died from cancer 1.5 year after my daughter was born and it was such great shock for me that my hidden health weakness floated to the surface and it turn out to be the overactive thyroid. After a year from my mother passed away my father died as well and it of course did not add me health. So I were very ill but still need to finish the University and without outside help. My husband worked much and his work included a lot of business trips. And, even worse, he started to drink a lot- very common problem in Russian families. Line in vine and spirits store My day usually looked like this- in the morning I had to bring daughter to day care, after that hurry to the clinic for some procedure – for example to get shot under the eyes ( overactive thyroid affects eyes). It was the method by which eyes problem like light sensitivity caused by overactive thyroid had been treated. After that I hurried to the lectures or the exams. In the evening the every day battle for food had began. In former Soviet Union was very hard to get good food in the stores- may be you saw the commercial of Honey Nut cheerios in which all shelves in store had been filled by Honey Nut Cheerios only? And it is the real picture of Soviet’s grocery stores. Only there was no Honey Nut Cheerios but sometimes like the packs of macaroni, or oatmeal, or cans with seaweed or something like this filled the shelves. Shelves stuffed by canned fish and sunflower oils Or sometimes there were just empty shelves: Meat, butter, milk, hot dogs, etc had been rare seen in the stores and people had first to find the store there were some of these products and after that to stay a few hours in line to get some. Line to grocery store The stores in which were something decent to buy for dinner often were far from home and after happy food hunting I had to travel by metro, subway or bus (cars were not usual in soviet families) with big heavy bags to day care for my daughter and finally walk with her and the bags toward home. Not very healthy day schedule for weak and ill person- do not you think? And if I want to survive I had no other choice but to try to get healthier. By this time I had tried all conventional methods that Soviet medicine could offer me. And I have got the best because I was lucky- my parents were doctors and even after their deaths their friend helped me to get in the best clinics. The medical care in the Soviet Union was free but mostly very poor and incompetent – there were doctors who even didn’t know what new drugs to prescribe. Their treatment mostly was the issued of the paper which would excuse ill person from work or school and hope that being in home in bed will help person to get better by itself. To get good medical care person should be seen by the doctor from central clinic and to get this kind of care was very hard for common people. Only people from high places, people with connections or people with money, who could bribe doctors to see them, could get this kind of care. And as I said I was lucky because I had connections to good clinic trough my parents’ friend. But even doctors from these privilege clinics could not help me to get healthy enough to stand my life challenges. Doctors prescribed me a lot of drugs, but all of it just helped me to balance on the edge of deep and comprehensible illness. Hormones from overactive thyroid started to affect my heart. My husband drunk more and more and all of these got me to think about ending my life which became unbearable. Only necessity to care for my daughter held me in life, because without me with such farther she would not stand a chance for a decent life. I decided to look for some alternative ways to increase my health and situation. But it was very hard. In Soviet Union most of all alternative methods of medicine, healing, self help and meditation had been prohibited by government. Healers often had been put in jail. So I had to find the way completely on my own. I didn’t know at that time about techniques to calm the mind and how it could help to improve your life, but I followed for my intuition and start to use the poetry for mind calming purpose. Every evening I’ve read a few pages from famous Russian poet Alexander Pushkin. And also I tried to predict the future day by his poems. I opened the book and if poem was funny and had happy events I decided that future day will bring me luck. Alexander Pushkin, poet And, because I was so confident in this luck, that most of the time it became true. Also I used predicting future by the card. Not Tarot card, because they were not common in Soviet Union and were prohibited like all metaphysical studies. But people interested in prediction passed from one to another prediction by plane gaming cards using they like the Tarot deck. And again when cards showed me luck it helped me to keep hope that positive changes will wait for me tomorrow. So I became more calm and positive and start to use a few alternative methods which had not been completely prohibited in USSR, such as homeopathy and herbs. These methods were not approved by official medicine but at least it was possible to buy homeopathic medicine and herbs. And it was very cheap too-it was important for me as well, considering my bad financial situation. Even after graduate from University when I worked in scientific institute I’ve got very small salary as most of scientists in USSR, especially young scientists. Another story with the visiting the doctors who practiced homeopathy or herb therapy-it was very expensive and I could not afford it. So I had to study it myself. It was not very bad because I always love to study and after buying a few books on homeopathy and herbs medicine I started to heal myself. This new step on my healing journey was successful and I start to feel better. But my health was not good completely and some events got it worse. At that time I‘ve already finished the University with Master degree in Chemistry and worked on my PhD project along with routine work of junior scientist in toxicology laboratory of scientific Institute of dyes. In our laboratory we studied the hazard for health from dyes and intermediates and one of dyes which had very strong allergenic properties brought me to the hospital with allergic reaction. My usual methods did not help this time so I had to again use prescription drugs against allergy and for cleaning the system from this dye. But I decided that I will find the way to beat this allergy by some alternative method. full story see here http://www.amazon.com/PhD-Nadejda-Rozanova/e/B002O8EPHK/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels